Rack-em Up Report!

Deer season has started.  Here come the pictures and stories.  Send your pictures to toby@fatboyoutdoors.com

FINALLY...I get to post all of these other deer...I finally took my deer this morning.  This buck came in to check out what three smaller bucks were up too.  He made a rub, then a scrape...then I laid the smack down.


My buddy Bret Goad took this big brute right outside of Wheeler.  Remember your friends next time you go out hunting....I think I still have a tag left for Wheeler County....great shooting!


Big Lee Orr took this nice mulie on December 5th near Claude.  Not only can Lee tackle a quarterback, he can sure hunt!


Awesome story here from a young hunter who bagged his 1st buck.
Hi, my name is Jace Paris and I am 10 years old. On November 25 my dad, and I were out to shoot a deer.  It was my first time to ever go hunting. There was about 75 deer gazing. But a seven point deer caught my eye! I took the shot and about 20 feet away from where I shot this deer there he was laying dead. It was a clean shot and I was so excited and nervous. It was my first deer! I thank those that took time to teach me to hunt and letting me go out to their place to hunt. I can’t wait to go back. I come from a baseball and football family and have never been hunting or have anybody in my family who hunts. My dad is a Marine and knows how to shoot a guns, but hunting is a different kind of talent he says. I plan to go hunting again soon!
This will be a thanksgiving I will never forget!!!
Great shooting JACE!!!!


 
J.T Christian of Claude took his first buck on 11/30/2009.  Great job J.T.  Although his daddy, Rit Christian,  showed who was boss by taking this monster mulie a couple of days earlier.





Tommy Tucker of Tyler, Texas took this 10 point mulie at 210 yards on opening day.  This buck was killed on the Lazy S ranch in Armstrong county while on a guided hunt by Fat Boy Outdoors.  Great shooting Tommy.
 
 Eric White of Amarillo took this nice mulie off a wheat field in Armstrong County.  Not only can he build you a house, this guy can hunt!


 
Coty Jewell of Amarillo took this nice mule deer after a extensive spot and stalk.  Great hunting and congrats!

Jesse Lovell of Claude, Texas took this nice Mule Deer buck opening day of bow season.  He shot the deer at 60 yards. Jesse shot him with a PSE X-Force 70# with 29" Easton Full Metal Jacket 340's, blazer vanes, Easton Tracer Nocks, and 125 grain Grim Reaper razor tip expandable broad heads.  Pictured with Jesse is his 4 year old son Hunter.  Good hunting.


Awesome story here from Seth Rowney
December 3rd of last year, we went on a trip to Encinal with a vendor, Matoka Environmental. The evening before, the ranch hand had seen this buck in a fight with another, and could tell this was the dominant buck for sure. So we went to a pop up blind over some sendero’s and a feeder about 200 yards out. As soon as it was breaking day, we could see two deer down the cut, with one definitely being a stud. Eventually it became light enough to see that indeed a shooter buck was down there, but he would not turn broadside. Finally after about 15 minutes of staring at him through the scope, he presented me with a shot, and the 270 with 130 grain hornady interbonds let loose. He was hit good, but ran into the brush. My guide said we should wait a few minutes, just to make sure we didn’t push him any farther in the weesatch and mesquite. We’ll, neither he nor I could stand it, so after about 10 minutes, we headed out to go find him. As we walked up, my guide froze, and said “I think there are hogs on him!” I raised my gun, stepped into the clearing, and at about 15 yards a pack of Coyotes, not hogs, was on my buck, eating away! I shot at the alpha male, who had his snout in the deer’s hind end, and the 270 passed through and dropped a big female as well. Luckily, they had not eaten much, enough to lose one of the hams, but that was it. Truly a one of a kind experience, and a trophy to boot. The buck was 6.5 years old, and scored 146” Gross, being almost 22” inside! He had broken a tine the night before in the fight, as the ranch hand that saw him said he had a full rack the evening before. Truly a tough buck!

0 comments:

Watch Our Videos!

Boss Man and Goose Bustin

OAF Ram Hunting

Black Ram Down

Wounded Warrior Hunt

Chicken Chase 2011

Goose Mayhem

Chicken Chase

The Pig Jumper

Hog Charged

New Years Hunt

Pig Catching

Outdoor Adventures

Valentine Special

Icy Creek

Deer Trapping

Duck Preview

Quail Hunting

Random Footage

Turkey Trapping

Management Buck

Snake Charmer